My Bountiful Baskets order this week included some 12 inch tomato basil tortillas and delicious tomatoes. Tomato and basil is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and I just so happened to have fresh basil in my refrigerator as well. After a very little bit of brainstorming of what to do with these ingredients, I ended up making margherita pizza quesadillas. Over the weekend, I took the Free Pizza Making Class on Craftsy, and have been dying for some really good pizza since. According to the class, you should let your dough rise in the refrigerator over night. I'm planning on making authentic pizza dough from the class over the weekend, but I wanted some instant pizza satisfaction. Margherita pizza quesadillas totally take care of the craving, and they are ready in about 5 minutes! First, I started by heating a large skillet and added one of my tomato basil tortillas. I then added just enough pizza sauce to cover the tortilla.1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. 2. Add 1 tortilla and quickly spread with the pizza sauce. 3. Top with cheese, tomato slices, and basil. 4. Allow to melt slightly and add second tortilla. 5. Flip quesadilla to allow even cooking. 6. Remove from skillet, slice and enjoy!
Margherita Pizza Quesadilla
- 2 12 inch tomato basil tortillas
- 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 1/2 tomato thinly sliced
- 2-3 leaves of fresh basil thinly slices
- ~6 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tortilla and quickly spread with the pizza sauce.
- Top with cheese, tomato slices, and basil.
- Allow to melt slightly and add second tortilla.
- Flip quesadilla to allow even cooking.
- Remove from skillet, slice and enjoy!