Otherwise, once all of your popcorn balls are formed, let them cool completely before serving. I decided to serve mine both with the straws facing up....
and placed into a football display.
Your guests should love these and I hope you do too. For more fun recipes and Big Game inspiration click here. Go Team!!!!
Barbecue Popcorn Balls
- 1 bag of Orville Redenbacher® Movie Theater Butter Popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 light corn syrup
- 3/4 cups barbecue sauce
- Place the popcorn into a large greased bowl. Attach the candy thermometer to the pan you will be using.
- Over medium high heat, melt the butter along with brown sugar and light corn syrup.
- Stirring occasionally with a metal or wooden spoon, bring the mixture to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add the barbecue sauce and return the mix to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove the sauce from heat and pour over the popcorn.
- Toss the popcorn with the sauce using the same spoon until evenly coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto parchment paper to cool.
- Once cool enough to touch (about 3-5 minutes) coat your hands with cooking spray and form the popcorn into balls.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.
Special equipment: candy thermometer