*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
Russian piping tips are the secret behind this super easy cupcake bouquet.
I became a little obsessed with watching Russian piping tips videos on Instagram and Youtube a couple of years ago. Could decorating cakes and cupcakes with beautiful flower designs really be that easy? I love decorating with frosting anyway, so I HAD to buy a set. Once you get the hang of making the right consistency frosting (it can't be too soft or too stiff - it needs to be juuuuuust right) whipping up a gorgeous set of cupcakes or a cake using Russian piping tips is crazy fast and easy, and it doesn't require a lot of decorating skills. Really! Here's a quick video to see my Russian piping tips in action.
Right? That's almost in real time. In less than a minute, you can completely decorate a pretty cupcake bouquet. These would be perfect for birthday parties, Mother's Day, tea parties, baby showers, bridal showers, or even weddings.
What You’ll Need:
- Piping Bags
- Flower Russian Piping Tip
- Leaf Decorating Tip
- Stiff Consistency Icing in white, green, and a color of your choice.
- Food Coloring
- Clean Small Paint Brush
- Plastic Wrap
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap and use a clean paint brush to brush three stripes in your choice of food coloring.
2. Use a spatula to spread a thin layer of white frosting over the brush strokes.
3. In the middle of the white frosting, add a line of frosting in the same color as the painted food coloring.
4. Roll the plastic wrap to form a log and twist the end.
5. Cut off one of the twisted ends of the plastic and add it to a piping bag fitted with one of the flower Russian piping tips.
See how easy it is to make cupcake bouquets with Russian piping tips in this tutorial(video included)
6. Make the bouquet on the cupcake by starting in the middle. Hold the piping bag at a 90 degree angle and use even pressure while pulling up and adding a slight twist.
7. Add flowers around entire cupcake until fully covered.
8. Use the leaf tip with the green frosting to add leaves in any empty areas of the cupcakes.
That's it and I LOVE them! These cupcake bouquets are so easy but they look really special. Here you can see how I used them for a party to double up as decorations and as a party favor.
As you can imagine, I'm hooked on using Russian piping tips. A few months ago, it was my grandmother-in-law's birthday, and my hubby had forgotten. In less than 2 hours, I was able to bake and decorate a beautiful birthday cake thanks to the Russian piping tips. The floral ones are my favorite, but there are some other really cute options that I'll be sharing soon.
#RussianPipingTips" width="3840" height="5760" />
If you enjoyed this tutorial, I invite you to sign up for my newsletter. In it I share posts I think you'll be interested in as well as free printables and other goodies just for subscribers.
That's it for this decorating tutorial! Until next time!
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 2 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!