This baked cod in parchment with vegetables is a delicious dinner that's also quick and easy to prepare.
When I went shopping today, I was super excited to see wild caught cod fish on sale. I immediately made my dinner plan for the night. I purchased a pound of the fish along with some fresh green beans and baby heirloom tomatoes. I already had some yellow squash and zucchini at home. I planned on baking the fish along with the veggies in parchment paper - my favorite way to cook fish.
This is my favorite type of dinner: quick and easy prep plus easy cleanup!
I place about a 4 oz. piece of cod fish in the middle of my parchment surrounded by my squash, green beans, and heirloom tomatoes. I then squeezed a little lemon on top of the fish and a sprinkle of salt and pepper over the entire meal. Lastly came a nice sized pat of butter.
- 1 piece of cod fish
- assortment of fresh vegetables (green beans, squash and tomatoes)
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- squeeze of lemon
- parchment paper
- Cut a piece of parchment paper large enough to form a package around the fish and veggies.
- Arrange the fish in the middle of the parchment and surround by veggies of choice.
- Squeeze lemon over cod fish, and sprinkle salt and pepper over the whole meal.
- Top the cod fish with the pat of butter.
- Seal the parchment paper to form a package and stick on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a oven the has been preheated to 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until fish is flaky.
- Serve either in the parchment paper or remove and place everything on a plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!