Lots of salad in our near future.
One day last month I realized I had gone almost 2 weeks without eating any fresh fruits or veggies. Well, expect for potatoes. But they were mashed and loaded with butter, cheese, and heavy cream.....so that probably doesn't count.
For some reason, I've been wanting blood oranges lately, but I can't recall ever seeing them in our local supermarkets. Fortunately for me, I found some at Sprouts on my last shopping trip.
I love using fruit in salad and I thought the blood oranges would make a nice addition to my standard berry and feta salad.
I also like to use almond for an added crunch. For my hubby's salad, I included chopped turkey breast as well.
Like I said, lots of salads are going into my meal planning. In fact, I just started a new Pinterest board just on salads if you'd like to check it out!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 blood orange
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of black berries
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled Feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop the romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Remove the rind and pith of the blood orange and slice.
- Divide the romaine lettuce, sliced oranges, blueberries, blackberries, feta cheese, and almonds between 2 plates or bowls.
- Place the mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a container with a well fitted lid. Shake vigorously until blended. Pour over salad.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!