This buffalo shrimp salad is so yummy and one of the best salad recipes for people who like a little spice!
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
I love Buffalo flavored anything. For the longest time, I did not like spicy food, and then all of a sudden a few years ago, I couldn't get enough. Since, we are trying to eat healthier at my house, I was thinking of ways of how I can still get my Buffalo fix. That's when I came up with this Buffalo Shrimp salad.
Buffalo Shrimp Salad Ingredients
In addition to the Buffalo shrimp, this salad also has crunchy red onion, creamy avocado, cooling cucumber, and zesty blue cheese, all on top of a bed of iceberg lettuce. I finished my salad off with a store bought blue cheese dressing. Maybe Buffalo Shrimp Salad this way isn't super healthy, but it's certainly better than chowing down on a whole order of wings.
Kitchen Tools for Making the Best Salad Recipes
You really don't need that many kitchen tools for making some of the best salad recipes out there, but there are a few items that are super helpful! Here's what I recommend you stock your kitchen with for making salad:
More Recipe You Might Enjoy
If this buffalo shrimp salad looks tasty to you, try some more of my salad recipes.
This Chinese chicken salad recipe from Confetti and Bliss looks too good to be true! I'm really excited to try it soon.
Get Easy Entertaining Tips In Your Inbox
Do you love to entertain? Sign up for my newsletter for more easy entertaining recipes, crafts, party plans, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Want to remember this buffalo shrimp salad? Pin for later!
- 5-10 shrimp
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce (1/4 cup to cook the shrimp, 1/4 cup to coat the shrimp)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Avocado (diced)
- Blue Cheese crumbles to taste
1. Prepare the shrimp: Bring about 2 cups water to boil in a pot along with 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce.
2. Add shrimp and allow to cook 5-8 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp from water and allow to cool.
4. Toss cooled shrimp in a bowl with about 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce.
5. Arrange lettuce, cucumber, red onion, blue cheese, avocado, and prepared shrimp on serving dish.
6. Top with either Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 433mgSodium: 5212mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 53g
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!