These buttermilk pancakes have to be included in your go to breakfast recipes!
I enjoyed a plate of stacked hot pancakes covered with butter and maple syrup that were super delicious! I actually used to use a mix to make the little guy's pancakes - but no more! It's so easy to make buttermilk pancakes, and these taste so much better than any mix.
How to Make Buttermilk Pancake
To make buttermilk pancakes, you first need your ingredients. Of course you'll no need buttermilk, but no - you don't have to make your own LOL. You will also need flour, salt, baking powder, butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
You will also need a few kitchen tools. I recommend a nice whisk, a bowl, measuring spoons, measuring cups, a pancake pan, and a spatula.
Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl and allow to rest. Then heat your pancake pan or a griddle. Add some butter to the hot pan and add some of your batter. Your pancake is ready to flip when it starts to form small bubbles around the edge. Flip the pancake and allow to cook for about a minute before removing the pancake from the pan.
Your pancakes are then ready to eat with your favorite topping!
Want these buttermilk pancakes to be included in your breakfast recipes? Pin for later!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Whisk batter together - some lumps are okay,
- Allow to rest for half an hour.
- Turn a griddle onto high heat. Add small amount of butter or oil to prevent sticking.
- Add enough batter to griddle for desired size pancake. ( I like to use half a cup.)
- Flip pancake once small holes form over the surface.
- Allow to continue cooking for about 1 minute or until set.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!