Last time I made homemade butter, I got quite a bit of buttermilk out of the process. What better to do than make buttermilk pancakes? It didn't matter that it was the middle of the afternoon.
I enjoyed a plate of stacked hot pancakes covered with butter and maple syrup that were super delicious! I actually used to use a mix to make the little guy's pancakes - but no more! It's so easy to make buttermilk pancakes, and these taste so much better than any mix.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Slowly pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
4. Whisk batter together - some lumps are okay,
5. Allow to rest for half an hour.
6. Turn a griddle onto high heat. Add small amount of butter or oil to prevent sticking.
7. Add enough batter to griddle for desired size pancake. ( I like to use half a cup.)
8. Flip pancake once small holes form over the surface.
9. Allow to continue cooking for about 1 minute or until set.
10. Repeat with remaining batter,
11. Serve with butter and syrup.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!