These cucumber melon shooters are a quick, easy, and elegant appetizer for your next party!
Or, just because you end up loving cold cucumber melon soup and want some for yourself. I've actually made this recipe four times this week already.
My little guy Christian had a dentist appointment last week, so I got to spend a lot of time in the waiting room. I wasn't too upset though because I never get to watch daytime TV. The Chew came on and Mario Batali showed how to make cucumber melon shooters in under a minute. It looked so yummy, I couldn't wait to get home to make some myself.
I switched out several of the ingredients, and it took me closer to five minutes to make my version. I didn't have all of my cucumber and melon already prepped for me to be able to make this in less than 60 seconds. You're probably like me and don't have a sous chef at home like Mario Batali does on The Chew.
But five minutes is still pretty good, right? Anyway, I mentioned that I switched out several ingredients. Mario Batali's cucumber melon shooters include lemon, olive oil, serrano chilis, plain Greek yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Mine has grape seed oil, bell pepper, plain kefir, and uses diced cucumber as the garnish instead of pomegranate seeds.
By the way, I picked up these shooter glasses and little silver spoons at Dollar Tree. I seriously cannot go into that store without picking up at least ten things I didn't intend on buying. But aren't they awesome? They're plastic, so you can just throw them away, but they are sturdy enough if you want to wash and reuse them.
These cucumber melon shooters were a hit with the fam, and I hope you like them too. I will most definitely be serving these at my spring and summer parties this year.
Just so you can see how easy this recipe is, here's a quick video.
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced plus 2 TBSP chopped cucmber for garnish
- 1/2 medium honey dew melon seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper sliced
- 5-6 sprigs fresh dill plus extra for garnish
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil plus extra for garnish
- juice of 1/2 medium lime
- salt to taste
- Combine the cucumber, melon, bell pepper, and kefir together in a blender.
- While the blender is processing, add the grape seed oil, dill, cilantro, lime juice and salt through the top of the blender.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with grape seed oil, chopped cucumber and a sprig of dill.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!