These DIY Halloween party favors bags are so easy and fun. I'm really excited because for the next 13 days, some of my favorite party bloggers and I are going to be sharing our best Halloween party ideas with you.
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
I love to make Halloween crafts so making DIY Halloween decorations for my party is something I always look forward to. And I also love making treat bags to send my guests home with a small gift to enjoy later.
DIY Halloween Party Favors Bags Materials
Everything that I used for these party favor bags can be easily found at your local craft store. I used the Park Lane cardstock from JoAnn Fabrics. It's super thick which means these treat bags are very sturdy for putting your Halloween party favors into. Of course you can use any Halloween design you'd like, but I do suggest using a thick cardstock. Here's everything you need to make these simple Halloween crafts:
- Marbled Cardstock
- Burnt Orange Glitter Cardstock
- clear tape
- Halloween washi tape
- hole punch
- Halloween stamp
- bone folder
- wired ribbon
- paper cutter
You'll notice in the supplies photo I included some pumpkin and maple leaf wooden stickers. I didn't end up using them for these party favor bags, but I did use them for a Fall themed Party Favor Bag that I guest posted over on Joy in the Commonplace. Those stickers are so awesome and they're at Dollar Tree.
DIY Halloween Party Favors Bags Instructions
- Turn the paper so the marble side is facing down and fold the two ends so that one slightly overlaps the other with a seem roughly in the middle. Use the bone folder for creasing the folds and run clear tape all along the seam.
- Fold the bottom of the bag about three inches up and use the bone folder again for a sharp crease.
- Open up the fold so that the and press down along the new creases to form on open square shape.
- Fold one flap up slightly more than half way, and then fold the other flap also more than half way so that the bag will have a secure bottom. Add enough tape along the bottom to make sure your party favor will not fall out.
- Choose which Halloween stamp to use ( I love the bat stamp from Dollar Tree.)
- Stamp along the front side of the bag.
- Add the washi tape along the seam on the back side of the treat bag.
- Add your party favor to the inside of the bag and fold the top over.
- Cut a strip up the burnt orange glitter cardstock that is two to three inches wide.
- Cut that strip so that you get two six inch long pieces.
- Take one of the pieces of glitter cardstock and fold it in half. Use your scissors to cut a notch into the ends of the strip.
- Place the folded glitter cardstock over the party favor bag and use a hole punch to cut out two holes going all the way through both the cardstock and the bag.
- Twist one end of your wired ribbon to make it easier to thread through the holes.
- Tie the ribbon and cut notches into the two ends to finish the bags.
These diy Halloween party decorations were really easy, inexpensive, and totally custom! Three things I love about making my own simple Halloween crafts and just party crafts in general.
I really like how these look good from the back too with that fun skeleton washi tape.
Want more instructions? Check out my video on YouTube!
More Spooky DIY Halloween Party Decorations
Homemade Halloween Party Decorations
Here are just a few of few of my diy Halloween crafts for parties from over the years. So much fun!
As I mentioned earlier, some of my favorite party bloggers teamed up with me to share our best Halloween party ideas. Make sure to head over to check out Brianna's post on how to make this wicked gorgeous Floral Skull Centerpiece at Parties With A Cause. She's so creative, and I can't wait to see what else she is sharing over the next few days.
Get The Best Halloween Party Ideas Delivered Straight to Your Inbox
That's it for these DIY Halloween Party Favors Bags! Make sure come back for the rest of the 13 Days of Halloween Party Ideas series. Posts go live at 10 AM PST. Until next time!
Want to remember these DIY Halloween Party Favors Bags? Pin for later!
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!
I have never made my own bags before and am amazed at how easy it is! This is so fun and I see lots of custom party favor bags in the my future. Love that you dressed up the back of the bag too.