This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CrispiestChicken #CollectiveBias
Get ready to bite into the crispiest fried chicken of your life! Seasoned with a delicious buttermilk ranch flavor, this easy crispy fried chicken recipe is sure to become a new family favorite.
I have a lot of really picky eaters in my home. There are a very few options we can all agree upon for dinner, and fried chicken is one of them. We all love drumsticks, so that's what I am showing you how to whip up today.
I like to soak my chicken overnight in the refrigerator in buttermilk mixed with garlic salt and a little dried parsley. The flavors really seep into the chicken. You end up with chicken that is tender and juicy on the inside and extra crispy on the outside.
The Secret to Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
My secret to getting the crispiest fried chicken with a delightfully airy texture ever is Argo® Corn Starch. And has been the secret for over 100 years over multiple generations.
That's right! I use a 50/50 mix of Argo® Corn Starch and flour along with a package of dried ranch dip mix to coat the chicken legs, and they come out so crispy.
In addition to using Argo® Corn Starch in the coating to make your chicken extra crispy, you also need to make sure that your oil is very hot. Otherwise your chicken is not going to cook properly and will end up soggy. Make sure you have enough oil in your pot to fully emerge the chicken and allow it to cook for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Once your chicken is done cooking, remove it from the pan and allow to drain on a baking rack. About 5 minutes of resting time is needed and then you and your family and friends can dig into the crispiest fried chicken.
So yummy and I wish you could hear the crunch!
This easy crispy fried chicken recipe is so perfect for serving up for a Sunday dinner. But you know what? Even after the leftovers are put away in the refrigerator for a day or two and reheated in the microwave, the skin is still crispy! That's how much of a difference adding Argo® Corn Starch to the coating can make.
I actually use Argo® Corn Starch in a lot of my recipes. I love to use my pressure cooker, so I'm always using Argo® Corn Starch to thicken up sauces when I'm done cooking. Argo® Corn Starch also helps me get perfect edges on my sugar cookies when I do my holiday baking. I don't always have time to let my cookie dough thoroughly chill, so Argo® Corn Starch helps to not allow the cookies to spread in the oven. You can find more great recipes from Argo® Corn Starch here.
Get More Easy Entertaining Ideas
I love to share simple recipes like this with my readers along with easy party crafts and hostessing tips. Sign up for my newsletter, and as a thank you, you'll get a copy of my 12 Easy Entertaining Recipes ebook delivered straight to your inbox.
That's it for this easy crispy fried chicken recipe! Until next time!
Want to remember this easy crispy fried chicken recipe? Pin for later!
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups + 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cups Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 package dried ranch dip mix
- 1 48 oz. bottle oil
1. Toss chicken drumsticks, 2 cups of buttermilk, garlic salt and parsley together in a container, cover and refrigerate over night.
2. When ready to fry, heat the oil over high heat on the stove.
3. Prepare a dredging station by placing 1 cup of buttermilk in a bowl.
4. To a second bowl, add the Argo® Corn Starch, flour, and ranch dip mix and stir well.
5. For each drumstick, place it into the Argo® Corn Starch/flour mixture then dunk into the buttermilk and coat again into the Argo® Corn Starch/flour mixture.
6. Place the drumsticks into the heated oil, making sure not to crowd the pot, working in batches if necessary.
7. Allow to fry for roughly 25 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
8. Remove from the oil and allow to drain and rest on a baking rack for abut 5 minutes before serving.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!