This easy orange sorbet recipe is the perfect summer treat to beat the heat!
*This post contains affiliate links and links to my independent Pampered Chef consultant website for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
Frozen desserts are my favorite when the weather starts to heat up. I recently got another Ice Cream Machine, so between that and my blender, I've been whipping up all kinds of homemade ice cream, milkshakes, and other yummy frozen treats. This super easy orange sorbet is going to be made over and over again this summer at our house!
This recipe is so simple with only 3 ingredients: water, sugar and orange juice!
Start by making a simple syrup. On the stove, combine water and sugar into a sauce pan and heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let the simple syrup cool completely. Then add the orange juice and stir thoroughly. Cover the sorbet mixture and chill in the refrigerator. Once it's cold enough, add the mix to your ice cream machine.
The sorbet will come out of the machine with a soft serve consistency. I like to pop mine in the freezer for about 2 hours before serving so it's nice and easy to scoop.
It's soooooo delicious! Serve up with a slice of orange and a sprig of mint to garnish.
Summer Sorbet Essentials:
If you're making sorbet at home this summer, here are a few things you'll love!
Want More Easy Entertaining Ideas?
Sign up for the Jordan's Easy Entertaining newsletter to get simple recipes, crafts, party plans, and hostessing tips delivered straight to your inbox.
That's it for this homemade orange sorbet recipe. Until next time!
Want to remember this homemade orange sorbet recipe? Pin for later!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- Combine sugar and water into a sauce pan over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved to form a simple syrup.
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the simple syrup to the orange juice into a bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Chill the sorbet mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- Following your ice cream makers instructions, add the sorbet mixture the machine until frozen.
- The sorbet will be "soft serve." Place into the freezer for at least 2 hours for a more scoopable consistnecy.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!