This lemon rosemary pork scaloppini recipe is one of those quick and easy entertaining dinner recipes to add to your list of casual dinner party menu ideas.
Lemon Rosemary Pork Scaloppini
I'm all about quick easy recipes. Of course I also want those quick and easy recipes to be yummy. This Lemon Rosemary Pork Scaloppini is definitely yummy.
Like...crazy yummy. And quick. And pretty easy. Did I mention it's really yummy?
I've actually never made any kind of scaloppini before. But, on a recent grocery shopping trip, this pork was an amazing price and marked as "for scaloppini." So, I decided to give this cut a try. The scaloppini turned out so good, that if it's still on sale on my next shopping trip, I'm going to buy 10 more packs!
Since the pack of pork that I purchased was already really thin, I did not need to pound the meat as usual with a scaloppini recipe. I sprinkled the pork with salt and pepper before giving each piece a light coat of flour.
I set the pork aside while my pan was heating up and I prepared my lemons. Don't you love the smell of fresh lemons? It's one of my favorite scents.
I added some butter to a sizzling hot pan before gently placing the pork on top. Then I squeezed the juice of half a lemon and tossed in some fresh rosemary from the garden. I love using fresh herbs. Dried rosemary would be perfectly fine too though.
The scaloppin only needed about 4 minutes on each side, and then I removed it from the pan and covered loosely with foil.
Make a Pan Sauce for your Scaloppini
On to the pan sauce!!!! This is always my favorite part of a recipe. Check out the bubbly goodness.
To make the pan sauce, after I removed the pork, I added butter, more lemon juice, and 3/4 cups of chicken stock. Then I let the sauce reduce by half. Once the pan sauce was ready, I replaced the pork back in to the pan along with some lemon slices.
Roughly 4 more minutes and this lemon rosemary pork scaloppini was ready!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up for my newsletter for more recipes, free printables and other exclusive content.
Om nom nom nom nom ....fortunately for me,I had some scaloppini left over that I'm having for lunch right now.
Check out these other easy entertaining recipes!
- 1 lb. pork for scaloppini
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lemons (1 for the juice, 1 sliced)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of each piece of pork.
- Place flour into a shallow dish and lightly coat pork. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. of butter and allow to melt.
- Add pork to the pan (you may need to work in batches)
- Squeeze a little of the juice from 1 of the lemons over the pork and add half of the rosemary.
- Allow pork to cook until starting to brown, about 4 minutes, then flip over.
- Squeeze more of the lemon and add remaining rosemary. Cook about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the pan and set aside topped with foil.
- Add remain butter to the pan along with the juice from the other half of the lemon,and the chicken stock.
- Stir occasionally and allow the sauce to reduce by half.
- Return the pork to the pan and top with the lemon slices. Cook for roughly 4 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
Want to remember this lemon rosemary pork scaloppini recipe? Pin for later!
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!