This is what the Liebster Award is all about. Bloggers offering support to other bloggers. The Liebster Award recognizes bloggers (usually baby bloggers) that are in the beginning phases of building a social media following.
I want to thank Heather from Woods of Bell Trees for nominating me.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster AwardIf you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
If you were nominated and use these rules make sure to link back to Wording Well as it was her hard work that went into making these easily available for us.
1. What nationalities are in your makeup?
I am Caucasian, African American, and Native American
2. What is your biggest dream/what would you like to accomplish?
What I want to do with my life is constantly changing. I just know that when I am on my deathbed, I want to look back and be proud of the life I have lived.
3. What has been your biggest blogging challenge?
Discipline has been my biggest challenge. Even though I love being my own boss, I am too laid-back to stay on regular blogging schedule. I hope to change that really soon 🙂
4. What is the most unusual food that you love?
Pickled Tomatoes. And I'm bummed because I can't find them anywhere.
5. What is your favorite hobby or skill that you have acquired?
Sugar Cookie Designing! I love when people ask me to make cookies, because I can get really creative.
6. Do you watch more TV, Netlfix or Hulu?
Right now, TV, but that's mostly because my internet connection is terrible. Otherwise I would be wasting way too much time on Netflix.
7. Do you have kids or do you want kids? If so how many do you want or have?
I have 1 amazing little 3 year old. I'm really hoping that I can be blessed with 2 more.
8. What is your favorite nerdy character in comics, TV or movies (ie, like Doctor Who, Superman etc)?
I love Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory
9. If you could visit any country which one would it be and why?
I would visit France because they have over 400 different types of cheese. I LOVE cheese 🙂
10. Do you DIY? If so what has been your favorite project big or small?
I love do it yourself projects. So far my favorite things have been making my own cleaning products.
11. Do you have pets? How many and what breeds? If you don’t have pets would you like one, and what kind?
I have a boxer, but he's really my Dad's. I'm not really a pet person, but I'm sure that's going to have to change since my little guy loves animals.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a famous family: my Aunt Patti is a super model, as well as her daughters, my cousins, Theodora and Alex (even though my whole family looks like super models.) My cousin Melena is a former model. My Uncle Keith is in the Rolling Stones. My Uncle Al is an actor - he's the reason I love Wayne's World 2. My cousin was in Act of Valor. My cousin Jeff is a singer. And my hubby, Abe Mac, is a soon to be famous Country singer (fingers crossed.)
2. When I was 5 I fell out of tree, got a concussion, and went blind for half an hour. My mom said it was the scariest moment of her life up until that point.
3. My graduating class from High School had 15 students.
4. My dream vacation is to go dig up dinosaur bones.
5. When I was fresh out of college, I got to attend the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament sponsored by Bud Light in Las Vegas with my roommate. So. Much. Fun!
6. I wanted to get a tattoo almost the whole time I was a teenager and in my 20's. My mom was right (sigh) I'm kinda glad I didn't get one.
7. I used to have a job singing filler songs at a Karaoke bar.
8. One of my favorite things to do is take my little guy to the zoo.
9. I love my former in-laws. I got divorced a few years ago, but still have a great relationship with the family. I have since remarried and love my new in-laws too! What are the odds of that?
10. I took a beer class in college and developed a real appreciation for dark beer. I love Stouts and Porters.
11. Martha Stewart is my all time hero. I might faint if I ever get the chance to meet her.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What is the best vacation you have ever taken?
3. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
4. If you could have a conversation with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is it about your favorite teacher that made you like them?
7. What is the silliest thing that you are afraid of?
8. What is the one thing you wish more people knew or understood more about you?
9. What is your favorite recipe to cook at home?
10. Would you rather be an astronaut or a deep sea explorer?
11. How many children do you have or want to have?
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!