This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCarandoMeal #CollectiveBias
These pressure cooker easy meatball subs are super delicious and one of the best homemade sandwich recipes you'll find.
If I was allowed to eat only one type of food for the rest of my life, I think I would choose sandwiches. There are so many options when it comes to sandwiches. Easy meatball subs are high up on the list of my favorites. They are pretty simple to make anyway, but I've been making them in my instant pot lately. I have completely fallen in love with my pressure cooker. You can have some of your favorite meals in half the time it usually takes.
For these easy meatball subs, you only need a few simple ingredients and you're on your way to a delicious lunch or dinner in no time.
Although I will occasionally go through the effort of making meatballs, it's definitely not something I look forward to. If I can't find my kitchen gloves, I hate getting the ingredients under my fingernails and even with the gloves my hands feel uncomfortably cold. Plus, I just like to do things in the kitchen the easy way. That's why for this recipe, I used Carando® Fresh Italian-Style Meatballs.
Carando Fresh Italian-Style Meatballs are fresh, not frozen, are high quality and use classic Italian ingredients. They're perfect for someone like me, who wants something homemade, tasty and authentic, but wants to skip a few steps.
To get perfectly cooked meatballs for these tasty sandwiches, start by sautéing some Carando Abruzzese Meatballs in some olive oil in your pressure cooker until they are browned on all sides. Then remove the meatballs and set them aside to get started on the sauce in the same pot.
Making the Best Sauce for Meatball Subs
This sauce is made up of strained tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, and garlic salt. While the sauté function is still on, add the the tomatoes and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the leftover bits from browning the meatballs. Then add the other ingredients.
Since this recipe is being cooked in a pressure cooker, there needs to be enough liquid to create steam. So add a cup of beef broth to the sauce. It won't change the flavor of the meatballs but makes the sauce more flavorful.
Turn the sauté function off and add the meatballs back into the pressure cooker in the sauce.
Put the lid of your pressure cooker on and turn the valve to seal. Manual cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
While the meatballs are being cooked, prepare the french rolls. Spread some butter onto the rolls and lightly toast them in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Warm, crunchy, buttery French bread rolls taste great and keep the subs from getting soggy. Instead, you get to savor every bite. Add 3 or 4 meatballs to each roll and spoon over some of the sauce.
Meatball sub toppings
After you have placed your meatballs and marinara sauce onto your toasted French bread sandwich rolls, it's time for the meatball sub toppings! I love to sprinkle on a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
And also fresh chopped basil - yum!
What to serve with meatball subs?
When I think about what to eat with meatball subs, I usually go for chips. But I also love to pair this tasty sandwich with a simple side salad. Here are a few of my favorite salad recipes:
Looking for more easy entertaining ideas?
I love to share recipes like this as well as party crafts, party plans, and other hostessing tips in my newsletter. Sign up today and as a thank you, I'll send you my new ebook 12 Easy Entertaining Recipes straight to your inbox.
Carando fresh Italian style meatballs made this recipe so easy and delicious. I saved a lot of time by not having to form the meatballs, but got all of the flavors I love and the texture you can only get from fresh, not frozen ingredients. Carando has other yummy flavors of meatballs and sausages, plus lots of fantastic recipes over on their website, so make sure to check it out!
That's it for this pressure cooker easy meatball subs! Until next time!
Want to remember these Pressure Cooker Easy Meatball Subs? Pin for later!
- 1 package Carando® Abruzzese Fresh Italian-Style Meatballs
- 4 French bread sandwich rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups strained tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
- Set your pressure cooker to the sauté function. Once hot, add the olive oil and brown the meatballs on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- With the sauté function still on, add the the strained tomatoes and scrape up any remaining browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the dried herbs and salt along with the beef broth and give a stir.
- Turn the sauté function off and gently add the meatballs back into the pot.
- Close the lid to the pressure cooker making sure the valve is set to seal. Select the manual setting and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes before carefully releasing the rest of the steam.
- While the meatballs are cooking prepare the French rolls by spreading the butter and baking at 375 degrees for roughly 5 minutes.
- Assemble the easy meatball subs by adding 3 meatballs to each French roll topped with plenty of sauce, mozzarella cheese and the fresh basil.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!