Of course you don't have to roast your chicken for dinner first. I have also made this soup from a store bought rotisserie chicken and it tastes the same.
Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Soup:
1 roasted or rotisserie chicken
6 cups water
1 onion chopped
2 stocks celery chopped
4 medium carrots chopped
3 small zucchini chopped
20 grape tomatoes halved
1/2 Tbs dried oregano
1/2 Tbs dried thyme
1/2 Tbs dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken in a pot along with the water. Allow to simmer for about 2 hours.
2. Remove chicken from the stock and allow to cool. Use a strainer to remove all of the chicken from the stock. Allow the stock to separate and remove some of the fat that settles on top.
3. Remove and shred all of the meat from the chicken and discard the bones.
4. Add the chicken, stock, onion, celery, carrots, and zucchini to the pot and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, oregano, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper and continue to simmer for about 10 more minutes.
I hope you and your family enjoy this soup as much as mine does!
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!