With my baby being born and then the holidays, it's been a while since I have been able to order a Bountiful Basket. It's been almost a year since I've been ordering, and I still can't get over how much I love this co-op. Baskets always cost $15, unless you want to upgrade to all organic for an additional $10. You never know what is going to come in the basket, except that it is going to be half vegetables and half fruit. Here is what was in the basket that I just got.
Pretty good for $15, right? So, when I was trying to figure out to make for dinner, I decided to through some of my veggies together with some olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt. I used zucchini, red and orange bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and eggplant (which I already had.)
After 50 minutes in the oven, these roasted vegetables were the perfect side dish. We like roasted vegetables so much, that sometimes, they're all we have for dinner.
Hopefully we can keep up with this whole no fast food thing!
1 large zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
2 large tomatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut vegetables into uniform pieces.
3. Arrange all vegetables except tomatoes into a baking dish.
4. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, and sprinkle Italian seasoning and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and add to oven.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove foil and add tomatoes. Continue baking for 10 - 15 minutes.
8. Stir vegetables again before serving.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!