One of my family's favorite dinners is Turkey Lettuce Wraps. I like making them because it requires only a few ingredient, they're a really easy dinner for me to make, and they are super scrumptious.
Did you know my husband is part Chinese? That's right, our kids are a mix of Chinese, Latin American, African American, Native American, and Norwegian. We pretty much have every continent covered! But since my hubby is part Chinese, I thought these turkey lettuce wraps would be a fun way to celebrate Chinese New Year.
I'm sure you have seen plenty of recipes for turkey lettuce wraps. I think what makes my recipe different is the sauce. I like to use a sauce made up of brown sugar, chicken broth, soy sauce, and Ponzu sauce.
Kikkoman is my absolute favorite soy sauce. It has a wonderful balance of sweet and salty. AND THEN,when Kikkoman came out with their Ponzu sauce, I was completely hooked. It's the perfect extra little something for my Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
These lettuce wraps are quick, easy, and delicious. Served with a side of Minute Rice, and you can have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps (serves 4)
1 pound ground turkey
2 stalks celery chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons ginger minced
1/2 can water chestnuts drained and chopped
16 - 20 leaves of lettuce ( I used baby Romaine, but Iceberg or Butter lettuce is nice too)
For the sauce
1/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
1/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1. Make the sauce by combining the soy sauce, ponzu, chicken broth, and brown sugar. Set aside.
2. Wash and set aside the lettuce leaves.
3. Brown the turkey in a large skillet.
4. Add the celery, garlic, ginger, and chestnuts to the turkey. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add 3/4 cups of the sauce to the turkey, reserving the last 1/4 cup for dipping.
6. Continue to cook the turkey over medium heat about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Serve on the turkey on the lettuce leaves with the dipping sauce.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys and a rising country star hubby. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!