This vegan strawberry ice cream recipe is perfect for coconut lovers!
*This post contains affiliate links and links to my independent Pampered Chef consultant website for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links, I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
This vegan strawberry ice cream recipe is so creamy and dreamy! The whole batch was gone in less than an hour at my house.
Just so you know, I'm not vegan and this isn't a vegan blog. I just REALLY love this ice cream and it happens to be vegan. The base is made up of coconut milk. You also need a little coconut oil, sugar, fresh strawberries and some vanilla. It take no time to throw your vegan strawberry ice cream together before adding it to an ice cream maker.
It's smells so delicious! I love the way coconut smells. And the fresh strawberries too - it's just so delightful!
After the ice cream machine is done running, I like to place the bowl into the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. That way you can get a nice scoop of ice cream with a traditional consistency. But if you like soft serve ice cream, you can eat it straight away.
Don't you wan to dig in already?
By the way, I'll be serving ice cream cones in plastic champagne glasses like this ALL SUMMER LONG. I can't believe what a difference it made with cutting down on the usual drippy mess when the kiddos are eating an ice cream cone. Plus it's super convenient if you need to set the cone down at all. I picked these ones up at Dollar Tree but you can also find plastic champagne glasses on Amazon.
Want More Easy Entertaining Ideas?
Sign up for the Jordan's Easy Entertaining newsletter to get simple recipes, crafts, party plans, and hostessing tips delivered straight to your inbox.
That's it for this vegan strawberry ice cream recipe. Until next time!
Want to remember this vegan strawberry ice cream recipe? Pin for later!
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Place the bowl of your Ice Cream Maker into your freezer for the recommended amount of time according to the instructions.
- Combine the coconut milk, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla into a bowl and stir until all of the sugar is disolved.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the ice cream mixture.
- Remove the Ice Cream Maker bowl from the freezer and assemble.
- Add the ice cream mixture to the machine and churn for the recommended amount of time according the manufacturer instructions (about 20 minutes)
- Once the ice cream is churned, serve right away for a soft serve consistency or freeze for at least 2 hours to be able to sccop the ice cream
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!