I love biscotti. I love dunking those crunchy cookie delights in a yummy cup of coffee. When I was trying to figure out which cookies to send to my cookie swap matches, I came across this white chocolate and cranberry biscotti recipe in my copy of The Cookie Bible and thought they would be perfect.
So, we had a deadline for shipping our cookies. If you didn't already know, I just had a baby who decided to show up 3 weeks early. Going into labor kinda threw off my plans for the entire week (it was the best schedule disruption ever!) Anyway, I got home from the hospital the day before the shipping deadline. Thank goodness for grandmas and good husbands. I was able to enjoy bringing my new baby home, and still bake white chocolate and cranberry biscotti 🙂 The house smelled wonderful and was full of love.
By the way, the cookies I received in the cookie swap were super delicious. I can't wait to check out all of the amazing recipes from the other participants. If you want to be a part of the Cookie Swap next year, sign up for updates here.
White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti (adapted from The Cookie Bible)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition.
5. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the white chocolate chips and cranberries.
6. Divide the dough in half. On parchment paper shape each half into 14 x 1 1/2 in logs and place 2 in. apart.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
8. Use a serrated knife to slice 3/4 in. thick diagonal pieces. Place cut sides down on cookie sheet and bake additional 10 minutes.
8. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
9. Melt remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate and drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!