You'll love this pecan butterscotch cookie recipe if you need to bake some Christmas cookies to leave out for Santa or to take to a cookie exchange party.
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you decide to make a purchase through one of these links. I will make a commission at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure policy to learn more.
Welcome to day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas ideas blog hop! Today Bri from Parties With A Cause, Jennifer from BellaGrey Designs, and I are sharing with you sweet treats and Christmas cookie recipes!
Are you ready to tie on your apron and get to baking these yummy pecan and butterscotch cookies? They're really easy to make and sure to be a hit with your loved ones.
I love holiday baking. I find so much enjoyment in being in my kitchen covered in flour while dancing around with the kids to Christmas music. I started mixing these up just as my kids were getting home from school. The cookie dough smelled so good, it was hard to wait for these pecan butterscotch cookies to come out of the oven. My little boys loved having warm cookies and cold milk as a special after school treat. I have a feeling Santa will definitely give two thumbs up to these Christmas cookies that are so easy to make.
Ingredients For Pecan Butterscotch Cookies
This Christmas cookie is made from a classic and basic cookie dough that has flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, butter, and eggs. With these ingredients as your base, you can make all sorts of delicious cookies! Toss in some chopped pecans and butterscotch baking chips to make this special recipe. You'll find the full written recipe at the end of this post.
See This Christmas Cookie Recipe In My Latest YouTube Video
Christmas Cookie Baking Supplies
When it comes to baking, I cannot live without parchment paper or silicone baking sheets. They save you from having cookies stick
to your baking sheet and make for super easy cleanup. Other Christmas cookie baking essentials include:
- baking sheets
- a spatula (mine is from this set)
- oven mitts or pot holder (see how I embellished this one from Dollar Tree for Christmas)
- cooling rack
Day 2 Posts from the Bloggers of the 12 Days of Christmas
Bri over at Parties With A Cause is sharing this recipe for Grandma's Christmas Thumbprint Cookies.
At BellaGrey Designs, Jennifer is sharing this recipe for No Bake S'mores.
That's it for this pecan butterscotch cookie recipe. Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a beautiful rose gold cake stand at the bottom of this post. Until next time!
Want to remember this pecan butterscotch cookie recipe? Pin for later!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 oz. butterscotch baking chips
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugars.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture to the cookie batter.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and pecan until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto the baking sheet in about 2 tbsp scoops.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack before serving.
Enter The 12 days of Christmas Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway
Hi, I’m Jordan – a work at home mom with 3 super fun little boys. I love entertaining guests and want to help you make entertaining easy!